"SAVING THE PLANET ONE BAG AT A TIME"
While working in Customer Service for an retail provider, this led me to see how much plastic was being consumed by the public daily, with little conscious thought of the long term affects to our land and oceans alike on our Planet.
So I began to research some facts on plastic bags and was overwhelmed by the plastic waste that is generated.
* Plastic bags have been around for more than 30 years.
* It is estimated world wide that 1 trillion plastic bags are used and discarded every year.
* Australians dump 7 thousand recyclable plastic bags into landfills every minute or
429,000 bags every hour.
* Australians use an estimated 5 billion plastic bags a year, that's just over 13 million new bags
being used every day.
* An estimated 3 billion bags or 20 tonnes of plastic are disposed of in landfill sites
throughout Australia every year.
In July 2018, the supermarkets were required by Government to "ban the single use plastic bag" for grocery shopping. There was no legislation for plastic bags for fruit and vegetables to be banned.
With regards to plastic bags for fruit and vegetables, whether you are purchasing one apple or five apples, plastic bags are too readily available and over used. The break down of plastic can take up to 100 years,
YES, sadly you read that fact right.
To provide an alternative for bagging loose fruit and vegetables, One Planet Bags was formed.
A pack of One Planet Bags includes a carry tote with 4bags inside: The bags are made from rPET fabric, being a sustainable fabric which allows the fruit and vegetables to breathe. Each bag measures 30cm x 30cm square and it's recommended to be hand rinsed or washed. The carry tote is also a lightweight reusable for fruit and vegetables.
Its time to change from plastic and understand the impact we all have on our Planet.
Lets leave a better World for our Children...starting today.